A. W. McDonald started in the funeral business with the Criswell's and in 1912 purchased the Dillmore Livery. The business became known as the McDonald Funeral Home and was passed from father to son.
William H. McDonald and his wife, Mary, owned the funeral home until 1973, when the funeral home was purchased by David L. Aeberli, who had owned Aeberli's Chapel, a funeral home on Pittsburgh's North Side that was established in 1895 by Dave's great grandfather, William A. Aeberli. The funeral home became incorporated which permanently entitled the business to be known as the McDonald-Aeberli Funeral Home, Inc.
In 2003, the funeral home was purchased by long time employee, John C. Hanovick, and continues to promote the warm, personal and professional facility to serve area families.